Estate planning is an important task, but it can easily overwhelm those undertaking it. Fortunately, with the guidance of a knowledgeable lawyer, you can create a satisfying plan. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, established The Millman Law Group in 2018. Our team, which includes an elder care coordinator, works to advocate for our clients and provide consistent, professional, and dependable services. We consider every family’s unique needs before recommending the best estate planning decisions.
Your estate planning lawyer in Highland Beach, FL, has the skills and experience to help you prepare for the unpredictable future and provide for your extended family.
What Does Estate Planning Include?
Your estate includes everything that you own. What happens to those assets and properties when you die? Most people decide to pass on their estate to family, friends, or charitable organizations.
To guarantee that your assets are passed on as you wish, you must create a plan that outlines your instructions. The instructions will state:
- Who receives assets from your estate
- The assets those people are set to receive
- The time at which they will receive the assets
Your estate planning lawyer in Highland Beach is here to help you create a definitive estate plan that may help you avoid court costs, excess state taxes, and legal fees.
How Can Your Estate Planning Lawyer Assist You?
Estate planning is about more than passing down high-value assets. You can work with your estate planning attorney to do the following:
- Create plans for your assets and health care if you are incapacitated
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of retirement, disability, incapacity, or death
- Name a guardian for your children
- Financially provide for family members with special needs without disqualifying them from essential federal benefits
Estate planning is never fully completed but is an ongoing process. We recommend reviewing your plan over time as important factors change. Your Millman Law Group lawyer can advise you on the best times to update or adjust your strategy.
Plan For Your Future with The Millman Law Group
Your estate planning lawyer will use many tools to create a comprehensive estate plan. These tools include:
- Wills: Your will is crucial for planning the transfer of assets.
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts help you provide care to special-needs beneficiaries without disqualifying them from benefits.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: Your proxy makes medical decisions when you cannot. A living will describes your wishes in those situations.
- Revocable Trusts: These allow you to remove assets, change instructions, and terminate trusts while you live. When you die, trusts help your beneficiaries avoid conservatorship hearings and probate.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects people when they cannot make their own decisions for their estate.
If you want the freedom to determine what happens to your family and property after your death, estate planning is the best way to guarantee that your wishes are known and respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Highland Beach
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.