Estate planning without an experienced professional by your side can be a challenging experience. However, when you undergo this process with a skilled lawyer, you can feel confident in your estate planning in Highland Beach. The Millman Law Group was founded in 2018 by Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, to provide high-quality estate planning services to our Florida community. Every family’s needs are unique, so we listen carefully to determine the best solutions for your estate. Once we know your goals, we can present the best choices to your family.
When you hire The Millman Law Group in Highland Beach, you can count on our dedicated team to help you find the most effective solutions.
What Is Included in Estate Planning?
Every person has an estate that includes their finances and properties. When you pass away, your estate must be managed and distributed to your chosen heirs. Most people pass on their estate to family, friends, or charities.
To ensure that your requests are respected, you must create an estate plan that includes instructions for:
- Who receives items from your estate
- What they receive
- When they recessive those assets after your death
When you work with our estate planning team in Highland Beach, we can advise you on the best ways to avoid excessive legal fees, estate taxes, and court costs.
How Your Estate Planning Attorney Helps You
Estate Planning does more than provide for your family after you are gone. When you start the estate planning process, your lawyer will help you tackle the following tasks:
- Plan the transfer of your business if you retire, become incapacitated, or die
- Create plans for your medical care and finances in the instances of your incapacitation
- Provide for family members with special needs without disqualifying them from essential federal benefits
- Name a guardian for young children
Estate planning is an ongoing process; it needs occasional reviews and updates as your life changes. Your Millman Law Group attorney will help you recognize the best times to update your estate plan and recommend the most efficient solutions.
Complete Estate Planning with The Millman Law Group
Your Millman Law Group attorney has comprehensive knowledge and experience with estate planning in Highland Beach. They can draw up the necessary documents to help you create your best estate plan. These documents include:
- Wills: A crucial document for transferring assets.
- Revocable Trusts: These allow you to add and remove assets in the trust, change instructions, or terminate your trusts while you live. Trusts are essential for helping your heirs avoid probate.
- Special Needs Trusts: Provides for people with disabilities without removing their eligibility for federal benefits.
- Durable Power of Attorney: This can protect people when they cannot make or voice their own decisions.
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills: You select a proxy to make decisions for you when you cannot communicate. Your living will describes your choices in these scenarios.
Estate planning is critical if you want to retain the power to decide what happens to your finances, property, business, and family after you die. Fortunately, you can ensure that your wishes are followed when you create the essential legal documents you need with your Millman Law Group attorney.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Start Estate Planning in Highland Beach
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.