Planning for your estate without professional help can be overwhelming. However, when you use the guidance of an experienced lawyer, you can feel confident in your estate planning in Palm Beach County. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded The Millman Law Group in 2018 to provide thorough estate planning services. Every family’s needs are different, so we listen carefully before providing guidance to each client. Once we understand your needs, we can guide you towards the best decisions.
When you partner with The Millman Law Group in Palm Beach County, you can benefit from working with a team that is ready to help you find the most practical solutions.
What Is Estate Planning?
Every person has an estate that includes their property and wealth. When you die, your estate must be managed. Most people choose to pass on their estate and assets to family, friends, or maybe even organizations.
To guarantee that your wishes are honored, you must create an estate plan that provides instructions for:
- Who receives what from your estate
- What parts they receive
- When they will receive those assets
When you work with a lawyer for estate planning in Palm Beach County, you can avoid extra legal fees, estate taxes, and court costs.
What Can Your Estate Planning Lawyer Do?
Estate planning means more than providing for your family after your death. When you start the estate planning process, your lawyer can help you:
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of your incapacitation, retirement, or death
- Give money to family members with special needs without disqualifying them from federal or state benefits
- Create plans for your health and finances if you become incapacitated
- Name a guardian for your children
Estate planning is a process that requires frequent reviews and updates as elements change. Your Millman Law Group lawyer understands the best way to plan your estate and will recommend appropriate updates.
Thorough Estate Management with The Millman Law Group
Your Millman Law Group lawyer will use various tools to create your estate management plan. These tools include:
- Wills: These are essential for transferring your estate
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts provide for people with disabilities without disqualifying them from necessary government benefits
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills: Your proxy is chosen to make decisions when a person is incapacitated or unable to communicate, while a living will outlines your choices.
- Revocable Trusts: These enable estate holders to add or remove assets, change instructions, or terminate trusts. Trusts can also help you avoid probate court or conservatorship hearings.
- Durable Power of Attorney: This can protect people in cases where they cannot make their decisions.
Estate planning is crucial if you want the power to decide what happens to your property, family, business, or finances when you’re gone. Estate planning is the most effective way to guarantee that your decisions are honored.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Start Estate Planning in Palm Beach County
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.