Estate planning can be overwhelming, but with the guidance of an experienced lawyer, you can create a plan that suits your family. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded The Millman Law Group in 2018. Our group of lawyers and our elder care coordinator always strive to advocate for clients and provide professional, consistent, and patient services. Everyone’s needs are different, so we listen to your needs before making a plan. Then, we help you make the best decisions for your interests.
Your estate planning lawyer in Palm Beach County has the experience you need to help you prepare for unexpected circumstances in the future and to provide for your heirs.
What Is Estate Planning?
Everything you own is included in your estate. But what happens when you die? Most people pass their estate to family members or perhaps even friends or organizations.
To guarantee that your estate is passed on in the way you want it to, you will need to create a plan that provides instructions that state:
- Who receives which parts of your estate
- What assets you want these people to receive
- When they will receive these items
Your estate planning lawyer in Palm Beach County can help you create a straightforward estate plan that can also help you avoid excess state taxes, legal fees, and court costs.
Services Provided By Your Estate Planning Lawyer
Estate planning does more than help you pass down assets. You can work with your estate planning lawyer in Palm Beach County to:
- Create plans for your care and assets if you are incapacitated
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of incapacity, retirement, death, or disability
- Name a guardian for children
- Financially provide for relatives with special needs without disqualifying them from federal benefits
Estate planning is ongoing, so we recommend reviewing your plan over time as factors change. Your estate planning lawyer will know the most efficient way to plan your estate and will suggest helpful updates.
How The Millman Law Group Helps You
Your estate planning lawyer uses several tools to create a reliable plan for your estate management. These tools include the following:
- Wills: We create a will to plan your estate transfer
- Revocable Trusts: These allow you to add and remove assets, change instructions, or terminate trusts. Trusts can be changed during your lifetime and help your beneficiaries avoid probate court and conservatorship hearings.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects people in cases where they cannot make their own decisions.
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts provide care to people with disabilities while ensuring they stay financially protected.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: A healthcare proxy is chosen to make decisions when you cannot communicate or are incapacitated. A living will outlines your wishes in these circumstances.
If you want a say in what happens to your family, property, business, and wealth after you pass away, estate planning is the best way to make sure that your wishes are respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Palm Beach County
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.