Estate planning is a crucial task, but it can easily overwhelm you. Fortunately, with the guidance of an experienced lawyer, you can create a satisfying plan. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded The Millman Law Group in 2018. Our team, which includes an elder care coordinator, works to advocate for our clients and provide consistently professional and dependable services. We consider every family’s unique needs before recommending the best estate planning decisions.
Your estate planning lawyer in Lake Worth, FL, has the experience to help you prepare for the unpredictable future and provide for your surviving family members.
What Is Included In Estate Planning?
Your estate includes everything that you own. But what happens to those assets and properties when you die? Most people decide to pass on their estate to family, friends, or charities.
To ensure that your assets are passed on as you wish, you must create a plan that outlines your instructions. The instructions will state:
- Who receives what from your estate
- What assets those people receive
- When they will receive the assets
Your estate planning lawyer in Lake Worth is here to help you create a definitive estate plan that may help you avoid excess state tax, court costs, and legal fees.
How Can Your Estate Planning Lawyer Help You?
Estate planning is about more than passing down high-priced assets. You can work with your estate planning attorney to:
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of disability, retirement, incapacity, or death
- Create plans for your assets and health care if you are incapacitated
- Name a guardian for your children
- Financially provide for family members with special needs without disqualifying them from federal benefits
Estate planning is never finished but is an ongoing process. We recommend reviewing your plan over time as important factors change. Your Millman Law Group attorney can advise the best times to update or adjust your estate plan.
How to Plan for Your Future with The Millman Law Group
Your estate planning lawyer will use many tools to create a comprehensive estate plan. These tools include:
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts can help you provide care to special-needs beneficiaries without disqualifying them from benefits.
- Wills: Your will is essential for planning the transfer of assets.
- Revocable Trusts: These allow you to remove assets, terminate trusts, and change instructions while you live. When you die, trusts help your beneficiaries avoid probate and conservatorship hearings.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: Your proxy makes medical decisions when you can’t. A living will describes your wishes in these situations.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects people when they cannot make their own decisions for their estate.
If you want to be the person who determines what happens to your family and property after your death, estate planning is the best way to make sure your wishes are understood and respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Lake Worth
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.