Estate planning is a crucial task, but it can easily overwhelm individuals undergoing this process. Fortunately, you can create a satisfying plan with the guidance of a knowledgeable lawyer. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded The Millman Law Group in 2018. The Millman Law Group team includes an elder care coordinator who works to advocate for our clients as we provide consistent, professional, and dependable services. We consider the unique needs of every family before recommending the best estate planning decisions.
Your estate planning lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL, has the skills and experience to help you prepare for the unpredictable future and provide for your extended family.
What Estate Planning Includes
Your estate includes everything you own, but what happens to those assets and properties when you die? Most people decide to pass on ownership of their estate to family, friends, or charities.
To guarantee that your assets are passed on as you wish, draw up a plan outlining your precise instructions. The instructions state:
- Who receives assets from your estate
- The assets the people are set to receive
- The time at which they will receive the assets
Your estate planning lawyer in West Palm Beach can help you create a definitive estate plan that enables you to avoid court costs, legal fees, and excess state taxes.
How Your Estate Planning Lawyer Helps You
Estate planning is about more than passing down high-value assets. You can work with your estate planning attorney to accomplish the following:
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of retirement, disability, incapacity, or death
- Create plans for your assets and health care if you’re incapacitated
- Name a guardian for your young children
- Financially provide for family members with special needs without disqualifying them from federal benefits
Estate planning is never finished but is an ongoing process. We recommend reviewing your plan over time as important facts change. Your Millman Law Group lawyer can help you determine the best times to update or adjust your strategy.
Plan for Your Future with The Millman Law Group
Your estate planning lawyer uses many tools to create a thorough estate plan. These tools can include:
- Special Needs Trusts: Provide care to special-needs beneficiaries without disqualifying them from benefits.
- Wills: This document is crucial for planning the transfer of assets.
- Revocable Trusts: Remove assets, change instructions, and terminate trusts while you are alive. When you die, trusts help your beneficiaries avoid conservatorship hearings and probate.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: Your proxy makes medical decisions when you cannot, and a living will describes your wishes in these situations.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects individuals when they cannot make their own decisions for their estate.
If you want the freedom to determine what happens to your family and property after your death, estate planning can help. Creating an estate plan is the best way to guarantee your wishes are respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in West Palm Beach
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.