Estate planning can easily overwhelm anyone. Fortunately, with the guidance of a knowledgeable lawyer, you can create a plan that provides for your heirs. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, established The Millman Law Group in 2018. Our team, which includes an elder care coordinator, strives to advocate for our clients and provide professional and dependable services. Every family’s needs are unique, so we consider them carefully before recommending the best estate plan documents.
Your estate planning lawyer in Parkland, FL, has the experience required to help you prepare for unpredictable future circumstances and provide for your surviving family.
What Does Estate Planning Include?
Your estate consists of everything you own. But what happens to those items or properties when you die? Most people decide to pass their estate on to family members, friends, or charitable groups.
To make sure that your assets are passed on as you wish, you must create a plan that outlines these instructions. These instructions state:
- Who receives what from your estate
- What assets do these people receive
- When they will receive these assets
Your estate planning lawyer in Parkland is here to help you create a clear estate plan that also helps you avoid excess state tax, court costs, and legal fees.
What Can Your Estate Planning Lawyer Do For You?
Estate planning is about more than passing down high-priced assets. You can also work with your estate planning attorney to:
- Name a guardian for your children
- Create plans for your assets and health care if you are incapacitated
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of retirement, disability, incapacity, or death
- Financially provide for family with special needs without disqualifying them from federal benefits
Estate planning is an ongoing process. We recommend reviewing your plan over time or when factors change. Your Millman Law Group lawyer can advise the best times to update or adjust your estate plan.
How You Can Plan for Your Future with The Millman Law Group
Your estate planning lawyer will use many tools to create your comprehensive estate plan. These tools include:
- Wills: Your will is essential for planning your transfer of assets
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts help provide care to beneficiaries with disabilities without disqualifying their federal benefits
- Revocable Trusts: These can enable you to remove assets, terminate trusts, or change instructions while you live. When you die, trusts can help your beneficiaries avoid probate and conservatorship hearings.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects people when they cannot make their own decisions regarding their estate.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: your healthcare proxy makes medical decisions when you can’t. A living will describes your wishes in these scenarios.
If you want to be the one who determines what happens to your family and property after your death, estate planning is the best way to make sure your wishes are known and respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Parkland
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.