Estate planning is a necessary undertaking, but it may easily overwhelm those who are going through it. Fortunately, with the knowledgeable assistance of an estate planning lawyer, you can develop a satisfactory strategy. The Millman Law Group was created in 2018 by Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA. An elder care coordinator is part of the Millman Law Group team, and they advocate for our clients as we deliver consistent, professional, and trustworthy services. We analyze each family’s unique needs before advising the best estate planning decisions.
Your estate planning lawyer in Hillsboro Beach, FL, has the knowledge and experience to assist you in planning for the unforeseeable future and providing for your immediate and extended family.
What Estate Planning Includes
Everything you possess is included in your estate, but what happens to those things when you die? Most people give their possessions to family, friends, or charities.
Make a plan stating your specific instructions to ensure that your belongings are passed on as you intend. The instructions are as follows:
- Who receives which assets from your estate
- The assets people will receive
- When they will receive those assets
Your estate planning lawyer in Hillsboro Beach can assist you in developing a comprehensive estate plan that will allow you to avoid court costs, legal fees, and exorbitant state taxes.
How Your Estate Planning Lawyer Helps You
Estate planning is more than just passing down valuable objects. You and your estate planning attorney can collaborate to complete the following tasks:
- Plan for transferring your business in the event of disability, retirement, incapacity, or death.
- Make provisions for your assets and medical care if you become incapacitated.
- Choose a guardian for your minor children.
- Provide financial support for family members with special needs while remaining eligible for government assistance.
Estate planning is a continuous process that changes as your lifestyle does. We recommend revisiting your plan as crucial aspects change over time. Your Millman Law Group attorney can advise you on the best times to update or modify your plan.
Prepare for the Future with The Millman Law Group
To establish a comprehensive estate plan, your estate planning attorney will employ a variety of methods. Among these tools are:
- Wills: This document is necessary for asset transfer planning.
- Special Needs Trusts: Provide care to special-needs beneficiaries without disqualifying them from benefits.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects individuals when they cannot make their own estate decisions.
- Revocable Trusts: While living, you can remove assets, amend instructions, and terminate trusts. Trusts help your beneficiaries avoid lengthy conservatorship hearings and probate after you die.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: When you are unable to make medical decisions, your proxy does so, and a living will expresses your preferences in these situations.
Estate planning can assist you if you want to be the one who decides what happens to your property after your death. Making an estate plan is the greatest way to ensure your desires are carried out.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Hillsboro Beach
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.