Estate planning is an essential task, but it can easily overwhelm individuals going through the process. Fortunately, you can create a satisfying plan with the knowledgeable guidance of an estate planning lawyer. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded The Millman Law Group in 2018. The Millman Law Group team includes an elder care coordinator who advocates for our clients as we provide consistent, professional, and dependable services. We consider every family’s specific needs before recommending the best estate planning decisions.
Your estate planning lawyer in Deerfield Beach, FL, has the knowledge and experience to help you prepare for the unpredictable future and provide for your immediate and extended family.
What Estate Planning Includes
Your estate includes everything you own, but what happens to those assets when you die? Most people pass ownership of their assets to family, friends, or charities.
Draw up a plan outlining your precise instructions to guarantee that your possessions are passed on as you wish. The instructions detail:
- Who receives assets from your estate
- The assets people are set to receive
- The time at which they will receive those assets
Your estate planning lawyer in Deerfield Beach can help you create a definitive estate plan that enables you to avoid court costs, legal fees, and excessive state taxes.
How Your Estate Planning Lawyer Can Help
Estate planning involves more than passing down high-value items. You can work together with your estate planning attorney to accomplish the following:
- Plan for the transfer of your business in the case of disability, retirement, incapacity, or death
- Create plans for your assets and medical care if you become incapacitated
- Name a guardian for your young children
- Financially provide for family members with special needs without disqualifying them from federal benefits
Estate planning is never finished but is an ongoing process. We recommend reviewing your plan over the years as important factors change. Your Millman Law Group lawyer can help you determine the best times to update or adjust your plan.
Prepare For Your Future with The Millman Law Group
Your estate planning lawyer uses many tools to create a thorough estate plan. These tools include:
- Wills: This document is essential for planning the transfer of assets.
- Special Needs Trusts: Provide care to special-needs beneficiaries without disqualifying them from benefits.
- Revocable Trusts: Remove assets, change instructions, and terminate trusts while you are alive. After you die, trusts help your beneficiaries avoid difficult conservatorship hearings and lengthy probate.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Protects individuals when they cannot make their own choices for their estate.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: Your proxy makes medical decisions when you are unable to do so, and a living will describes your wishes in these scenarios.
If you want to be the one who determines what happens to your property after your death, estate planning can help. Creating an estate plan is the best way to make sure that your wishes are respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Deerfield Beach
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.