Are you interested in estate planning in Boca Raton? It can be an overwhelming prospect, but with the right estate planning lawyer, you can make a plan that pleases you and your family. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded The Millman Law Group in 2018. Millman, our attorneys, and our elder care coordinator advocate for our clients and strive to provide consistent, patient, and professional services. We understand that every person’s needs are different. Before we advise, we listen. Then, we guide you toward making the best decisions for your personal and financial interests.
Your estate planning lawyer in Boca Raton is equipped with the knowledge to help you prepare for all unexpected circumstances and to leave behind a complete and well-cared-for estate.
What Is Estate Planning?
Everyone has an estate, and it includes everything you own. When you pass away, your estate remains behind. But what happens to everything in that estate? You will likely want to pass the estate on to family or perhaps other people or organizations.
To ensure that these wishes are carried out, you will need to create an estate plan providing instructions stating:
- Who will receive parts of your estate
- What you want them to receive
- When they will receive it
Your estate planning lawyer in Boca Raton will make this happen while avoiding excessive estate taxes, legal fees, and court costs.
The Services Your Estate Planning Lawyer Provides
Estate planning can do more than provide for your relatives after your death. You can work with your estate planning lawyer in Boca Raton to:
- Create plans for your care and finances if you become incapacitated
- Plan the transfer of your business in the instance of your retirement, disability, incapacity, or death
- Name a guardian for minor children
- Provide for individuals with special needs without disqualifying them from government benefits
Estate planning is an ongoing process, and you should review and update your plan as factors change over time. Your estate planning lawyer knows the most efficient ways to plan your estate and will recommend updates when appropriate.
How The Millman Law Group Helps You
Your Millman Group estate planning lawyer uses several tools to create a solid plan for your estate management. These tools include:
- Wills: We work with you to plan the transfer of your estate.
- Revocable Trusts: These give you the flexibility to add or remove assets, change instructions, or terminate the trust. Trusts can be modified in your lifetime and can help beneficiaries avoid probate court or conservatorship hearings.
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts help you care for persons with disabilities while making sure that person is financially protected.
- Durable Power of Attorney: This protects you in cases where you may not be capable of making your own decisions.
- Health Care Proxies/Living Wills: A healthcare proxy is appointed to make decisions if you become incapacitated or cannot communicate. A living will outlines your choices in those circumstances.
If you want to have a say in what happens to your property, your business, your family, and your wealth after you’re gone, estate planning is the best way to ensure that your wishes are honored.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Find Your Estate Planning Lawyer in Boca Raton
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.