Estate planning can be an overwhelming task. However, when you take care to find the right lawyer to help you with estate planning in Boca Raton, you can feel confident in your plan and enjoy valuable peace of mind. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, founded the Millman Law Group in 2018. Millman, other attorneys, and our elder care coordinator work hard to advocate for clients and provide consistent, patient, and professional services. Every person’s needs are different, so we always listen carefully before we advise. Once we understand your needs, we can guide you toward making the best decisions for your personal and financial interests.
When estate planning in Boca Raton, work with The Millman Law Group to work with a team ready to help you leave behind a complete and well-cared-for estate.
What Is Estate Planning?
Every person has an estate, which includes everything they own. When you pass away, that estate has to go somewhere. You will likely prefer to pass on the estate to family members or perhaps other friends or organizations.
To ensure that your wishes are honored, you will need to create an estate plan that provides instructions for:
- Who will receive which parts of your estate
- What they will receive
- When they will receive it
When estate planning in Boca Raton, your Millman Law Group lawyer will make this happen while avoiding excessive estate taxes, court costs, and legal fees.
What Your Estate Planning Lawyer Can Do
Estate planning does more than provide for your relatives after your death. When estate planning, your lawyer can:
- Create plans for your personal care and finances if you become incapacitated
- Plan the transfer of your business in the case of your retirement, disability, incapacity, or death
- Provide for individuals with special needs without disqualifying them from government benefits
- Name a guardian for your children
Estate planning is an ongoing process, and often requires reviewing and updating your plan as factors change over time. Your Millman Law Group lawyer knows the most efficient ways to plan your estate and recommends appropriate updates.
Complete Estate Management with The Millman Law Group
Your Millman Law Group lawyer will use several tools when creating a plan for your estate management. These tools include:
- Wills: we work with our clients to plan the transfer of their estate
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts help care for persons with disabilities while making sure that the person is financially protected
- Revocable Trusts: These give you the flexibility to add or remove assets, change instructions, or terminate the trust. Trusts can be modified in your lifetime and help beneficiaries avoid probate court or conservatorship hearings.
- Durable Power of Attorney: This protects people in cases where they may not be capable of making their own decisions.
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills: A healthcare proxy is a person appointed to make decisions if someone becomes incapacitated or cannot communicate. A living will is a document that outlines a person’s choices in those circumstances.
If you want to decide what happens to your property, business, family, and wealth when you’re gone, estate planning is the best way to ensure that your decisions are respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Start Estate Planning in Boca Raton
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.