Estate planning without the help of a professional can quickly become overwhelming. However, when you trust the guidance of an experienced lawyer, you can feel confident in your estate planning in Broward County, Florida. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, established The Millman Law Group in 2018 to provide excellent estate planning services to our community. Every family’s needs are different, so we always listen carefully before guiding our clients. Once we understand your needs, we can show you the best decisions for your family.
When working with The Millman Law Group in Broward County, you always benefit from the skill of our team ready to help you find the best, most practical solutions.
What Does Estate Planning Include?
Every person has an estate, which includes their properties and finances. When you die, your estate will be managed and distributed. Most people elect to pass on their estate and assets to family, friends, or even charitable organizations.
To ensure that your wishes are honored, you must create an estate plan that provides instructions for:
- Who receives which part of your estate
- What parts they receive
- When they will receive those assets after your death
When you work with one of our estate planning lawyers in Broward County, you can avoid extra legal fees, court costs, and estate taxes.
What Can Your Estate Planning Attorney Do?
Estate planning is about more than providing for your family after death. When you begin the estate planning process, your lawyer will help you:
- Plan the transfer of a business in the case of retirement, incapacitation, or death
- Provide for family members with special needs without removing their qualification for federal benefits
- Create plans for your health and finances in the case of your incapacitation
- Name a guardian for your young children
Estate planning is a process that calls for occasional reviews and updates as your life changes. Your Millman Law Group lawyer understands this and will recommend the best times to update your estate plan.
Complete Estate Management with The Millman Law Group
Your Millman Law Group lawyer will use numerous tools at their disposal to create the best estate plan for you. These tools include:
- Wills: An essential document for transferring your estate
- Revocable Trusts: These enable you to add or remove assets, change instructions, or terminate trusts before you die. Trusts can help you avoid probate and conservatorship hearings.
- Special Needs Trusts: Designed to provide for people with disabilities without disqualifying them from necessary government benefits
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills: You choose a proxy to make decisions for you if you are incapacitated or unable to communicate. Your living will outlines your choices in those situations.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Can protect people when they cannot make their own decisions.
Estate planning is essential if you want to retain the power to decide what happens to your family, property, business, and finances when you pass away. Estate planning is an effective way to guarantee that your wishes are honored.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Start Estate Planning in Broward County
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.