Estate planning without help can be an overwhelming task. However, with the guidance of an experienced lawyer, you can successfully begin estate planning in Delray Beach. Aaron D. Millman, Esq., CPA, established The Millman Law Group in 2018. Millman and the group’s attorneys work with our elder care coordinator to advocate for clients and provide patient and professional estate planning services. Every person and family’s needs are different, so we always listen carefully before advising. Once we understand your needs, we can help you make the best decisions for your personal and financial interests.
Contact The Millman Law Group when estate planning in Delray Beach to work with a team that is ready to help you leave behind a well-cared-for estate.
What Is Estate Planning?
Every person has an estate, which includes every property or asset that belongs to them. When you pass away, your estate must be managed. Most people prefer to pass on the estate to family, friends, or beloved organizations.
To ensure that your wishes for your estate are honored, you need to create an estate plan that provides guidance for:
- Who receives which parts of your estate
- What they will receive
- When they will receive it
Working with a lawyer while estate planning in Delray Beach helps you avoid excessive state taxes, legal fees, and court costs.
What Your Estate Planning Lawyer Can Do For You
Estate planning involves more than providing for your relatives after your death. When estate planning, your lawyer can:
- Plan the transfer of a business in the case of retirement, disability, or incapacity, as well as death
- Create plans for your health care and finances if you become incapacitated
- Provide for family members with special needs without disqualifying them from government benefits
- Name a guardian for children or other minors
Estate planning is an ongoing process that requires frequent reviewing and updating as factors change. Your Millman Law Group lawyers understand the most efficient ways to plan your estate and will recommend updates when appropriate.
Comprehensive Estate Management with The Millman Law Group
Your Millman Law Group lawyer uses several tools to create a plan for your estate management. These tools include:
- Special Needs Trusts: These trusts help provide care for persons with disabilities while making sure that the person is financially protected
- Wills: Are essential for planning the transfer of an estate.
- Revocable Trusts: These allow estate holders to add or remove assets, change instructions, or terminate the trust. Trusts help beneficiaries avoid probate court or conservatorship hearings.
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills: A proxy is appointed to make decisions when someone is incapacitated or cannot communicate. A living will outlines a person’s choices in those circumstances.
- Durable Power of Attorney: This can protect people in instances where they may not be able to make their own decisions.
If you want to have the power to decide what happens to your property, family, business, and finances when you’re gone, estate planning is essential. Estate planning is the best way to guarantee that your decisions are respected.
Contact The Millman Law Group to Start Estate Planning in Delray Beach
Millman Law Group, PLLC is one of the only law firms that offers life planning in South Florida. From life care planning to the preparation of detailed estate plans, Millman Law Group has committed to serving Floridian elderly communities in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, Ocean Ridge, Hillsboro Beach, and many other areas since 2018. Our dedicated team specializes in special needs trusts and catering to any age demographic because we know that it’s never too early to start preparing for your future. For the latest news in estate planning and elder care law, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You can also contact us at 561-463-6480.